At EMERITUS, we believe that great leaders make the world a better place. Our mission is to make high quality education affordable and accessible. We offer online education programs to professionals across the globe in collaboration with the world class universities such as MIT, Columbia, UC Berkeley, University of Pennsylvania and Northwestern, and more.
About the Team
As a strategic part of the EMERITUS business, the University Partnerships team builds critical relationships with our partner institutions to ensure trust and mutual respect as the partnership develops and grows. Building on this foundation, the team drives program growth and success in collaboration with our partners by developing new educational offerings and new markets.
While based in the U.S., the University Partnerships Team collaborates across the business with team members around the globe in order to drive successful relationship management and growth.
This role is responsible for the health of a portfolio of existing university partners and will be tasked with securing additional business (i.e. short certificates, bootcamps, diploma programs, etc.) to ensure partnerships are flourishing. Closely aligned with the internal product team, this role is accountable for supporting the EMERITUS strategic plan through new course/program development. An ideal candidate will be both entrepreneurial and relationship-focused with a background in working with key stakeholders in higher education institutions.
- Meet regularly and effectively with key decision makers at assigned portfolio of university partners
- Drive and manage strategic planning discussions with university partners
- Work with heads of businesses internally to determine new growth opportunities in various product areas
- Collaborate across different functions at Emeritus to ensure new courses get to market successfully
- Track and be accountable for progress towards development of new courses as per the company’s annual plan
- Collaborate with our regional teams (LATAM, China, India, etc.) to identify opportunities to expand our partners’ reach to new markets, including course translation, facilitating international university partnerships, and developing new academic products.
- Collaborate with B2B/enterprise leaders at EMERITUS to drive opportunities that involve university partners
- Monitor each university’s portfolio of on-going courses to proactively identify and address potential issues
- Work closely with the university program managers to ensure excellent partner experience of ongoing courses/programs
- At least 10 years work experience in business development and/or higher education, experience in education technology/online learning a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and approach
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy
- Collaborative approach both internally and externally, with experience working across a global team
- Strong analytical skills
- Broad understanding of education market and ability to identify new opportunities in online courses
- Excellent presentation skills
- Previous experience in higher education strongly preferred
EMERITUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job, mail us at email@example.com