Emeritus, part of the Eruditus group, partner with top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, India and China to bring world-class business and professional education to a global audience. Emeritus is seeking Mentors to advise participants on the career landscape in general and on their personal strategies for entering the market and applying for jobs.
Candidate must have a strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Previous experience in a teaching, mentoring or other instructional role is required .
This position is remote.
The Mentor will provide individual sessions with participants enrolled in the MIT xPro Professional Certificate in Coding: Full Stack Development with MERN. This will be a part-time role, ranging from 3-6 hours per week, depending on the number of mentees, spread across two 5-week periods.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate on topics to be covered with head mentor.
- Conduct 30-minute one-on-one sessions helping learners deliver a portfolio-ready final project.
- Conduct 30-minute one-on-one sessions to understand what roles learners are interested in and provide insight into the full stack development industry landscape and career paths.
- After each session share notes on the individual’s career path, goals, and progress.
- Be a credible subject matter expert in full stack & web development.
- 2 or more years of mentoring.
- Lead and have passion for the industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse environment.
- Experience facilitating, preferably in an online environment.
- Experience building, developing and training a team of coders.
To apply for this job, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org