The ERUDITUS group is a leader in the $280 billion global professional education market. In the last fiscal year, the group enrolled 30,000 students from across more than 80 countries in courses delivered in collaboration with university partners such as MIT, Columbia, Harvard Business School, INSEAD, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley and London Business School. The ERUDITUS group expects to increase its enrolment by more than 200% in the coming fiscal.
EMERITUS offers professional education courses in collaboration with top-ranked universities: MIT, Columbia, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley and London Business School. Using technology and curriculum innovation, EMERITUS enables working professionals who cannot enroll in full-time courses to access a top-tier, affordable education that will give them the skills needed to be the business leaders of tomorrow. EMERITUS’ global team includes 500+ employees located in Boston, Dubai, Mexico City, Mumbai, New Delhi and Singapore.
Employee Support & Engagement
- Support the LATAM employee team through the following to ensure an excellent employee experience:
- Own all pre-boarding, onboarding, new hire paperwork, and orientation into company
- Lead key communications between the company and employees, ensuring that LATAM team feels connected to the broader organization
- Partner with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase engagement and retention
- Address any employment or employee relations issues, such as complaints, harassment, including warnings and disciplinary actions as necessary
- Manage Labor relations, and partner with Laboral lawyers when necessary
- Own all offboarding, both voluntary and involuntary
- Support and own special initiatives, such as DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), remote work support, and health and wellness
- Partner with management and employees to effectively measure and increase performance
- Support global goal setting, review, and calibration processes
- Proactively identify training and learning & development needs
- Lead organizational development (promotions, career pathing, feedback, coaching managers, etc.)
- Provide coaching to management team to address any performance concerns
- Oversee vendor management for payroll, compensation and benefits administration
- Manage employee records (attendance, leave of absence, etc.) according to policy and legal laboral requirements
- Prepare and update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
- Interpret and advise on Mexican employment law to ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage NOM-035 procedures, for new and existing employees. Attend STPS inspections.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (spoken and written)
- 4-6 years of experience in Human Resources, administrator, or other similar position
- Knowledge of HR functions (payroll & benefits, training & development, internal communication, Labor relations, etc.)
- Proactive self-starter
- Understanding of Mexican labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational, time-management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, negotiations, decision-making
- Strong ethics and reliability, ability to handle confidential information
- International company experience preferred
- BA Degree preferred
EMERITUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.