The ERUDITUS group is a leader in the $280 billion global professional education market. In the last fiscal year, the group enrolled 30,000 students from across more than 80 countries in courses delivered in collaboration with university partners such as MIT, Columbia, Harvard Business School, INSEAD, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley and London Business School. The ERUDITUS group expects to increase its enrollment by more than 200% in the coming fiscal.
About EMERITUS (https://emeritus.org/)
EMERITUS offers professional education courses in collaboration with top-ranked universities: MIT, Columbia, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley and London Business School. Using technology and curriculum innovation, EMERITUS enables working professionals who cannot enroll in full-time courses to access a top-tier, affordable education that will give them the skills needed to be the business leaders of tomorrow. EMERITUS’ global team includes 500+ employees located in Boston, Dubai, Mexico City, Mumbai, New Delhi and Singapore.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software Tester to join our team. As a Software Tester at our Emeritus, you will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects and develop your career.
You will be responsible for the quality of software development and deployment. Involved in performing automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose. Some of the duties include analysis of software, landing pages, Websites, and systems, mitigate risk and prevent software issues.
The ideal candidate will be tasked with solving critical software automation and verification problems in a distributed systems environment. Working with Product managers, Developers and other SQA teams you will ensure the exceptional performance of the Emeritus/Eruditus products.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Analyzing users’ stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Collaborate with Product, Developers, and stakeholders to develop effective strategies and test plans.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) at all levels of testing (UI, Functional, Non-functional, System, Integration, and Regression) and analyze results
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects.
- Own documentation, Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing.
- Support troubleshoot issues
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Tester or similar role
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or diploma in QA Testing
- ISTQB- Foundation Level would also be considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of various programming languages (e.g. Java, Ruby on Rails, SQL)
- Experience using web based and mobile testing frameworks (ex: Selenium WebDriver)
- Experience using project tracking software considered a strong asset (ex: JIRA, Asana)
- Experience using version control systems (ex: Git, Bitbucket or Mercurial) would be considered an asset
- Ability to collaborate and work remotely.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Collaborative personality with problem solving aptitude
- Takes initiative and gets things done
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job, mail us at email@example.com