Winning companies, such as Apple, Virgin, Toyota and others, innovate continuously because of their culture of design thinking – integrating the needs of people, the possibilities of technology and the requirements for business success. In this course, you will learn how to take a similar approach in your own business – blending the perspectives of marketing, design and engineering into a systematic approach to delivering innovation.
As a core part of the course, students participate in a team-based concept development project assignment. This project, focused on opportunity evaluation and concept development, is integrated into all course modules.
At the end of this course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the design thinking process
- Identify and assess customer opportunities
- Generate and evaluate new product and service concepts
- Design services and customer experiences
- Evaluate product development economics