Emeritus and its partners, including its University partners (collectively “Emeritus”, “we” or “us”) collect personal data and other data from the Site.
Personal data we collect
The personal data we collect from you may include:
- your name
- your identification number
- your contact particulars
- your image
- your country of residence
- your residential address
- your educational details
- your date of birth
Other data we collect
Information we collect apart from your personal data may include the following:
- Cookies and Usage Data
How we use your personal data
We collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes in connection with the products or services which you have applied for, to the extent applicable:
- General administration of your application and/or registration and/or enquiry for any programme offered by us or our University partners;
- To perform or carry out Emeritus’ obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To enable Emeritus’ subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with Emeritus;
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a record of previous transactions;
- Improvement of our offerings, both individually (e.g., by course staff when working with a student) and in aggregate, and to individualize the experience and to evaluate the access and use of the Site;
- The purpose for which you specifically provided the information, for example, to respond to a specific inquiry or provide you with access to the specific course content and/or services you select;
- Tracking of both individual and aggregate attendance, progress and completion of a course, and analysis of statistics on student performance and the manner in which students learn;
- Monitoring and detection of violations as well as other misuses and potential misuses of the Site;
- Sending you updates about courses offered by Emeritus or other events, sending you communications about products or services of Emeritus, Emeritus affiliates, or selected business partners that may be of interest to you, or sending you email messages about Site maintenance or updates;
- Authentication of your identity when needed;
- Process of refunds, as applicable;
- Conducting checks with the DO NOT CALL Registry;
- Compliance with internal policies and procedures and any applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, orders or requests issued by any court, legal or regulatory bodies (including but not limited to disclosures to regulatory bodies, conducting audit checks, surveillance and investigation and US embargo laws or any regulations or laws promulgated by the United Nations);
- Conduct of direct marketing; we may process your personal data to contact you via email, telephone, direct mail, SMS or other methods of communication to provide you with information regarding the Services that may be of interest to you. We may send information to you regarding the Services, upcoming promotions and other information that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us and always in compliance with applicable law.
- To facilitate data analysis and business planning purposes, marketing, advertising, and sales efforts.;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes, including but not limited to, Emeritus re-certification and accreditation purposes;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes;
- The Purposes described elsewhere in this Policy (for example in the section entitled “Use and Disclosure to Third Parties”); and
- Any other purpose as disclosed to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these service providers (as set out in “How we use your personal data”) and the processing of your Personal data by these service providers.
By providing us your personal data and any third party’s personal data such as the personal data of your parents (“Personal Data”) regardless of the manner in which you have provided such data, , you represent and warrant to us that consent, including that of the third party, has been obtained for collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the above mentioned purposes. Because we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this policy.
Emeritus ensures that the Personal Data held by us shall be kept confidential. When transferring Personal Data to our third-party service providers, and/or our affiliates or related corporations whether in Singapore or elsewhere in order to carry out one or more of the purposes listed above, we will require them to ensure that Personal Data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure.