For more general information on cookies, see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device; and
- third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We may use third party cookies for functionality, performance/analytics, advertising/tracking and social media purposes
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help menu for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of the Site and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the Site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Please be aware that you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Site and/or online courses and content or other services on the Site once cookies are disabled.
Most browsers offer instructions on how to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the ‘Options > Preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
- *Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- *Cookie settings in Firefox
- *Cookie settings in Chrome
- *Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
If you only want to limit third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by visiting the following links:
Please bear in mind that there are many more companies listed on these sites than those that drop cookies via the Site.
- Email newsletter related cookiesThe Site offers news letter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookiesIn order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- This Site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the Site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the Site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of the Site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the Site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the Site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the Site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while on the Site while ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it is important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our Site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the Site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and, where applicable, allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.