A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by you – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing efforts. Cookies and web beacons allow Emeritus to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience on our Site.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Site and we classify cookies in the following categories.
- Essential cookies. Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies
- Preference cookies. Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistic cookies. Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Site and refine marketing efforts. Below are the details of which third party cookies you might encounter through the Site.
- Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behaviour and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
- Optimization cookies. Allow real-time tracking of user conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Partner cookies. Provide marketing conversion metrics to our partners so they can optimize their paid marketing efforts.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use some or all of the features on our website.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time. We await the result of work by the privacy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take.
If you are concerned about the handling of your Personal Data, or if you have any complaints or queries related to your Personal Data or this Policy, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
EMERITUS Institute of Management
78 Shenton Way,
List of Affiliates
|Eruditus Learning Solutions Pte Ltd||Singapore||201230726W|
|Eruditus Executive Education FZ-LLC||UAE||91917|
|EIM Learning S.C.||Mexico||ELE2103084DA|
|Emeritus Institute of Management, Inc.||USA||6959273|
|Emeritus Institute of Management Pte. Ltd.||Singapore||201510637C|
|Erulearning Solutions Pvt. Ltd.||India||U80904MH2016PTC288248|
|Emeritus Enterprise, Inc.||USA||6595607|
|Emeritus Institute of Management DO Brasil Ltda||Brazil||46.284.205/0001-47|
|EIM Learning UK Ltd.||UK||11617490|
Effective Date: 9 February 2022