What is Agile?
In the last couple of decades, Agile innovation methods have revolutionized the field of information technology. In addition to improving team productivity and motivation, it has also led to increased profits, sped up the market, and contributed to the increasing success rates in software. Essentially, Agile takes an iterative approach to project management and ensures faster and smoother delivery. Agile teams work in smaller but easily consumable increments and are better equipped to adapt to change.
Agile software development refers to a set of frameworks and practices listed in the Manifesto for Agile Software Development and its 12 principles. As opposed to other approaches to software, Agile is more people-focused and their individual working styles. In doing so, it fosters collaboration between cross-functional teams and context-appropriate practices.
Learn More: What is Agile Project Management?
Why is Agile Important?
As an approach to work, Agile has several advantages and proves highly beneficial to companies across the board.
- Superior Product Quality - Agile project management incorporates testing as a primary component of the project execution phase which enhances product quality. In this phase, the client is free to ask for changes considering market variables. This, in turn, leads to an improved and personalized product as well as customer satisfaction.
- Better Control - Agile offers managers greater control over projects owing to its inherent transparency, feedback integration, and quality-control measures. Involving all stakeholders promotes operational efficiency and an advanced degree of execution overall.
- Improved Project Predictability - The increased visibility involved in the Agile framework allows the team to predict risks and formulate effective mitigation practices with ease. For instance, Scrum technology employs spring backlogs and turndown charts to help managers predict performance and plan accordingly.
- Reduced Risk - Agile methodology is possibly the closest one can get to eliminating errors. The reason is that it works in small sprints while focusing on continuous delivery. In such scenarios, even if the approach does not unfold as per plan, there is always a part of the work that can be salvaged for use at a later time.
Can I Learn About Agile Online?
Owing to more and more companies adopting the approach, several resources for learning Agile online have emerged. While online seminars, tutorials, and web conferences continue to be popular, online Agile courses are also seeing a surge in use. Designed to give learners a thorough understanding of the subject, these courses are flexible in approach, relatively affordable, and often include certification. They are offered by some of the most renowned global institutions and provide ample scope for networking and collaborative learning.
What Kind of Career Can I Get with a Background in Agile?
As the recognition of Agile grows, the demand for Agile job roles is also on the rise. The emerging global workplace emphasizes collaboration and, consequently, the field offers lucrative positions that also hold immense potential for career advancement and creating meaningful change.
Lucrative Job Roles in Agile
- Product Owner
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Agile Coach
- Scrum Master
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Product Analyst
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Digital Product Manager
- Delivery Lead
Why Take an Online Course at Emeritus?
Each Emeritus online course is designed keeping key learning outcomes in mind by a team of experts. We use the backward design methodology to develop instruction for learners of all ages. This enables us to craft unique, interactive, learning experiences that include a combination of assessments, hands-on activities, skill applications, and more.
Emeritus also collaborates with the best universities and faculty around the world to curate the course curriculum that can effectively tackle present challenges in the industry, while preparing you for the trends and risks in the future. Our courses consist of assignments, exams, capstone projects, networking opportunities, a fine balance of practical and theoretical concepts, and the opportunity to learn from top minds in the industry. This adds to the holistic experience we try to provide for each learner.
We are also focused on providing courses that are standardized in quality. This is done by adhering to standards set by a global organization called Quality Matters which is focused on providing quality standards for online and innovative digital teaching and learning environments. The rigorous criteria ensure all our learners invest in quality education that is easily accessible and affordable.