What is B2B Sales?
The term ‘B2B’ refers to a commercial relationship between two businesses as opposed to a business and an individual consumer. In B2B sales, one business sells to another. Some unique attributes of such a relationship include high-value transactions, well-informed buyers, longer sales cycles, and a multi-stakeholder approval process.
Common Examples of B2B Sales:
- Organizations offering professional services, such as market research and auditing, to companies
- Businesses providing software, like CRM, to other companies
- Businesses distributing raw materials to manufacturing companies
B2B sales involve several touch-points distributed over multiple channels, all consistently monitored. Consequently, companies try to hire and retain a highly-skilled workforce of B2B sales professionals to fulfill fiscal objectives and propel growth.
Why is B2B Sales Important?
To understand the importance of B2B sales, you must first familiarize yourself with the B2B sales funnel that encompasses the entire sales process. It represents the various stages a potential lead encounters before they become a customer of the business. The three key processes involved in creating this funnel include buying, sales, marketing; they are closely entwined and work in tandem to boost brand image, enhance credibility, expand networks, and ultimately drive revenues.
Benefits of B2B Sales:
- Personal Interaction vs. Online Transaction: Despite the rapid growth of digitization, customers value the personal touch. In the context of sales, this can only be offered by sales representatives who educate customers on the salient features of the available products. This helps consumers cut through the white noise and make an informed choice.
- Connect the Consumer to the Company: B2B sales bridges the gaps between the buyer and the company. To convert an inquiry into a sale, we must establish a personal connection between the two business entities that goes beyond a purely transactional relationship.
- B2B Customers Need Relevance: As mentioned before, B2B sales entail buyers with sufficient knowledge of the purchase they wish to make. They are far beyond one-size-fits-all solutions and look towards B2B sales processes to delve into their needs and suggest practical solutions.
Can I Learn About B2B Sales Online?
Online B2B sales courses are a great starting point for professionals at all career stages. Online courses have garnered immense popularity in a relatively short period, and for good reason. Offered by renowned global institutions, they offer flexibility and are affordable. This allows learners to pursue the course at their own pace and also an opportunity to be professionally certified in B2B sales.
What Kind of a Career Can I Get With a Background in B2B Sales?
As the demands and requirements of companies across industries grow, a consequent boom in B2B sales occurs. Therefore, the job outlook for professionals in the field is bright and lucrative.
Careers for B2B Sales Professionals:
- Lead generator specialist
- Sales support representative
- Account manager
- Customer success manager
- Inside sales representative
- Sales manager
- Sales operation manager
- Outside sales manager
- Sales director
- Lead developer
Why Take an Online Training Program at Emeritus?
Each Emeritus online course is designed keeping key learning outcomes in mind by a team of experts. We use the backward design methodology to develop instruction for learners of all ages. This enables us to craft unique, interactive, learning experiences that include a combination of assessments, hands-on activities, skill application, and more.
Emeritus also collaborates with the best universities and faculty around the world to curate the course curriculum that can effectively tackle present challenges in the industry, while preparing you for the trends and risks in the future. Our courses consist of assignments, exams, capstone projects, networking opportunities, a fine balance of practical and theoretical concepts, and the opportunity to learn from top minds in the industry. This adds to the holistic experience we try to provide for each learner.
We are also focused on providing courses that are standardized in quality. This is done by adhering to standards set by a global organization called Quality Matters which is focused on providing quality standards for online and innovative digital teaching and learning environments. The rigorous criteria ensure all our learners invest in quality education that is easily accessible and affordable.