Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Program
What is ESG?
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) refer to standards set by the company while managing its operations and considered by investors when making investments. ESG helps investors, customers, suppliers, and employees examine an organization's social consciousness and contribution. This framework considers the following criteria:
- Environment: This refers to the impact of the company's energy and resources on the environment. Environmental factors include climate change, energy performance, waste management, carbon emission, biodiversity impact, and pollution
- Social: This refers to an organization's relationship and reputation with its internal and external stakeholders. Social factors include diversity, inclusion, customer satisfaction, community relations, health, safety, and human rights
- Governance: This refers to the internal system and standards by which a company governs itself. The governance factors include leadership, ethical conduct, board structure and diversity, risk management, and transparency
Why Is ESG Important?
As environmental, social, and governmental issues have become pressing issues, these initiatives have become a top priority for businesses and investors. According to McKinsey, a strong ESG proposition creates value in five ways:
- Top-line Growth: Attracting B2B and B2C customers with sustainable products and achieving better access to resources through good relations
- Cost Reductions: Lower energy consumption and reduce unnecessary waste and expense
- Reduced Regulatory and Legal Interventions: Achieve strategic freedom and gain subsidies and government support
- Employee Productivity Uplift: Attract diverse talent and boost employee motivation
- Investment and Asset Optimization: Enhance investment returns and achieve long-term success
Can I Learn About ESG Online?
Online courses will offer both practical and technical knowledge essential in the field while giving you the flexibility to learn at your own pace. ESG course will enable you to gain a core understanding of environmental, social, and governmental issues and their relevance to you and your organization. It will provide you with tools, exercises, and strategies you can implement in your organization. If you are seeking to gain insight into ESG or establish an efficient ESG program in your organization, the Emeritus course taught by experts will provide great value.
What Kind of Career Can I Get With a Background in ESG?
ESG investing and initiatives are gaining momentum in the global financial market. Companies are increasingly seeking ESG professionals who understand data and lead the organization's efforts to become more sustainable. PwC alone plans to invest $12 billion to develop 100,000 ESG jobs by 2026.
Lucrative Careers for ESG Professionals:
- ESG Consulting
- ESG Investing
- ESG Analyst
- Asset Management
- Corporate Development
Why Take an Online Course at Emeritus?
Each Emeritus online course is designed keeping key learning outcomes in mind by a team of experts. We use the backward design methodology to develop instruction for learners of all ages. This enables us to craft unique, interactive, learning experiences that include a combination of assessments, hands-on activities, skill application, and more.
Emeritus also collaborates with the best universities and faculty around the world to curate the course curriculum that can effectively tackle present challenges in the industry, while preparing you for the trends and risks in the future. Our courses consist of assignments, exams, capstone projects, networking opportunities, a fine balance of practical and theoretical concepts, and the opportunity to learn from top minds in the industry. This adds to the holistic experience we try to provide for each learner.
We are also focused on providing courses that are standardized in quality. This is done by adhering to standards set by a global organization called Quality Matters which is focused on providing quality standards for online and innovative digital teaching and learning environments. The rigorous criteria ensure all our learners invest in quality education that is easily accessible and affordable.