Graduates these days have an array of career choices they can choose from. There’s data science, analytics, digital marketing, logistics, machine learning, information technology, and more. However, choosing the right career path that ensures growth and success in the future can be tough. To make things easier for you, we have compiled a list of the highest-paying jobs in India.
TopHighest-Paying jobs in India
Here’s a detailed list of the highest-paid jobs in the world.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Chief executive officer (CEO) is undoubtedly one of the highest-paying job positions in the world because they are an integral part of critical business decisions.
The role entails handling company-related affairs and ensuring the smooth functioning of business activities. In addition, they are responsible for efficiently managing resources, taking crucial business decisions, and handling business issues and bottlenecks.
Although it is hard to be a CEO, with a clear and concise plan, you can become one. Learn more about them.
- Salary: A CEO, on average, earns between INR 20,00,000to INR 30,00,000 annually, making it one of the highest-paying jobs in India. However, the figure is relative and changes according to the job profile, location, and company’s pay policies.
- Demand across industries: As discussed earlier, the CEO is an integral part of an organisation. Therefore, the demand and need for trained, experienced, and skilled CEOs are high across various industries.
- Qualifications: You need at least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BBA) to become a CEO. Subsequently, you can pursue a post-graduate degree like MBA or a similar course.
Additionally, you must know that CEO is a managerial role that requires aspirants to have expertise in handling complex business situations, which comes with time and experience. Therefore, fresh graduates cannot pursue this job role at the start of their careers.
- General Surgeon
General Surgeons are doctors who specialise in surgical procedures. A general surgeon is a part of the surgical treatment that includes an anaesthesiologist, surgical technicians, and nurses. Learn more about them below.
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Examining patients and making diagnoses to determine the need for surgery
- Advising patients on the risk involved in surgical procedures
- Performing surgical procedures to prevent and correct injury, disease, etc.
- Overseeing all diagnoses and surgeries
- Salary: A general Surgeon, on average, makes anywhere between INR10,00,000 to 11,00,000 per year in India, making them one of the highest-paid job roles in India.
- Industry: Healthcare is one of India’s largest and fastest-evolving industries, because of the increasing quality and affordable healthcare services.
- Qualifications: If you want to become a general surgeon, you need to complete a five-year MBBS degree from the Medical Council of India, followed by an MS in General Surgery.
Note: To become a general surgeon, it is imperative to complete 12th with a minimum of 60% in Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. Further, you must clear the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) to enrol in a medical college and pursue an MBBS.
- Senior Software Developer
Senior software developers use their programming skills to create and update new software. They also monitor every stage of the software development process, delegate duties among the team members, and ensure that the software is rolled out smoothly. Since this job entails so much responsibility, it is one of the highest-paying jobs.
Here’s more about the role in detail.
- Salary: On average, a senior software developer earns betweenINR9,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 annually, which is a relative figure, depending on the location, job role, job description, and company’s pay policy.
- Industry: Senior software developers are in companies that have adopted agile business practices and IT companies.
- Qualification: First, you need a bachelor’s degree in B.Tech or BE, with a major in software engineering. Then you can opt for the M.Tech to increase your career prospects.
- Investment Banker
An investment banker is a finance professional who works with individuals, governments, and companies to help them raise capital or funds by issuing stocks or borrowing money. They advise on important financial transactions (like mergers and acquisitions), financial securities (like bonds and stock), and others.
- Salary: An investment banker, on average, earns between INR9,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per annum in India.
- Industry: There is a soaring demand for investment bankers worldwide. Businesses require investment bankers to raise capital for their projects.
- Qualification: You need a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a similar field to make a successful career in investment banking.
- Data Scientist
Data scientists are trained professionals who help firms make sense of big data. They are skilled in performing analytical and scientific procedures to convert data into actionable insights. The opportunity to work as a data scientist brings umpteen perks, one of which is a high salary.
- Salary: On average, a data scientist’s salary in India is between INR8,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year.
- Industry: In a data-driven world, every company requires a skilled and talented data scientist to make judicious use of data generated by the firm.
- Qualification: You need a bachelor’s degree in any field to become a successful data scientist. Additionally, you can take a data science certification course from Emeritus India to enhance your career prospects.
Joining our programmes will help you build a robust foundation in making data-driven business decisions, learn in-demand data science skills, and acquire knowledge about popular data science tools and techniques. For these courses, we have partnered with reputed institutes like ISB, IIM, and IIT.
- IT Manager
A skilled Information technology (IT) manager introduces modern technologiesto increase productivity, efficiency, and innovation. They also perform technology-based tasks such as evaluating new hardware, training new team members, and others.
- Salary:On average, an IT manager earns anywhere betweenINR7,00,000 to INR 8,00,000 per year.
- Industry:IT is one of the world’s fastest-expanding industries. Furthermore, India is believed to have the most market share in the field. In addition, it has the world’s second-highest number of internet subscribers. Therefore, it is the safest industry to opt for.
- Qualifications:You need a bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems Management to make a prosperous career. Moreover, you can take a master’s degree or a certificate courseto enhance your career prospects.
Emeritus India has some of the best IT-related courses that can help in attracting exciting work opportunities.
- AI Engineer
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer is an IT expert whose mission is to develop intelligent algorithms capable of learning, analysing, and predicting future events. They play an essential role in an organisation that uses AI-powered machines.
- Salary: AI Engineer salary in India ranges between INR 3,00,000 to INR 22,00,000 with an average salary of INR 9,00,000 per annum. (Source)
- Industry: Many multinational companies like Amazon, Deloitte, Accenture and Apple are recruiting talented AI Engineers to expand their business activities, gain competitive advantage, and adapt to different modern-day technologies.
- Qualification: To become an AI engineer, you must take a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information technology, data science, or a similar field. These courses will help develop basic computer, information technology, and math skills in aspirants. You can also pursue advanced courses in AI, like a certificate programme. Emeritus India offers an array of certification courses inAI designed for fresh graduates and experienced professionals.
- Marketing Manager
Marketing managers have expertise in controlling a company’s promotional and market research activities. They are responsible for overlooking an organisation’s advertising and marketing endeavours. They create strategies aimed at raising the brand’s reputation in the market. They review and approve all print and digital advertising materials.
- Salary: Marketing manager is one of the highest salary job profiles in India. The average salary of a marketing manager in India ranges between INR 9,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 annually. (Source)
- Industry: Every company need skilled and talented marketing managers to meet consumers’ need and maximise profits. They work across various industries and perform an array of roles and responsibilities.
- Qualification: A bachelor’s degree in marketing management or business administration is the essential qualification required to start a career in marketing management. To enhance your career prospects, you can take a certificate course in digital marketing from Emeritus India.
- Machine learning engineer
A machine learning engineer is a trained professional who ensures that apps get adequate information to grow and learn. They are responsible for enhancing artificial intelligence systems.
- Salary: The average salary of a machine learning engineer ranges between INR 9,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year. (Source)
- Industry: Many companies are integrating ML and AI into their data initiatives, leading to demand for more and more ML and AI professionals. According to a report, more and more companies across various industries are investing in machine learning and looking to recruit ML experts for cutting-edge research and expertise.
- Qualification: To step into a career in machine learning, you will need to take a certificate course in machine learning or a similar field that guides you through the fundamentals like machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, and more complex mathematical and statistical concepts used in the field.
These advanced courses will equip you will skills necessary for machine learning like software engineering, probability and statistics, machine learning algorithms, and others.