blog / Data Science
Top Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions and Answers
The past decade has been about technological innovations. Digital marketing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning are some industries that have piqued the interest of many with their unique characteristics and potential boom—especially aspirants awaiting to start their professional careers in artificial intelligence, machine learning, or digital marketing. If you are someone who has their eyes twinkling with the mere mention of artificial intelligence, then it’s time to turn your passion into a professional career. Continue reading to know more about artificial intelligence.
One can consider artificial intelligence as a perfect amalgamation of science and engineering. It is the field of computer science that trains machines to perform tasks that require human intelligence. Siri and Alexa are some examples of AI. To make a successful career in artificial intelligence, one has to complete a bachelor’s degree and take up different specialized certification courses to learn about the nitty-gritty of AI.
In the past few years, the demand for AI professionals has increased by leaps and bounds. As a result, many fresh graduates are trying to build a career in artificial intelligence. So, if you are applying for AI job roles right now, these common artificial intelligence interview questions will help you crack the interview.
10 Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions and Answers
The demand for skilled and experienced AI professionals is at an all-time high, and so is the number of aspirants applying for the role. Therefore, it is highly recommended to prepare for the interview in advance to gain a competitive advantage. Here are 10 common artificial intelligence interview questions and answers that will help you crack the interview successfully.
1. What is artificial intelligence?
The interviewer may ask you to answer ‘what is artificial intelligence’ in the simplest terms.
Artificial intelligence is a domain of computer science that replicates the cognitive functions of a human brain into a machine. AI is one of the most complex and unique innovations of mankind that evokes emotions into a machine. Though it is a largely unexplored field that is often seen as an algorithm with pre-defined rules, it is more than that. AI is the future of technology that will introduce automation in every industry.
2. How are artificial intelligence and machine learning different from one another?
Machine learning and deep learning are the sub-sets of artificial intelligence. While AI is a smart operating system that uses the cognition abilities of a human brain to solve complex problems, machine learning is a computer system that allows machines to learn from the data collected by surveys, among other things.
Artificial intelligence processes are concerned with maximizing the chances of success. Meanwhile, machine learning’s main concern is accuracy and pattern, not success.
3. What are the different types of AI?
As this is a commonly asked artificial intelligence interview question, do prepare for this in advance:
- Reactive machines: These make for the oldest type of AI that has turned redundant in the present scenario. They emulate the human mind’s ability to respond in different situations. As reactive machines do not have memory-based functionality, they repeat the same mistakes and fail to use previously gained experience in the present actions.
- Limited memory: These machines have what reactive machines lack- memory-based functionality. They use historical data and situations to make present-day decisions. All applications run on this type of AI.
- Theory of mind: This is an innovative AI process that is present in the development phase Theory of mind AI will predict the behavioural pattern of the entities they are interacting with based on the needs, emotions, beliefs, and thought processes.
- Self-aware: This type of AI system exists only in paper. As the name suggests, self-aware AI is developed to be akin to that of the human brain. This futuristic AI type will take decades or more to come to fruition.
- Artificial narrow intelligence (ANI): There is a narrow or limited scope of competency in this type of AI system. They include all AI systems that can only perform one task autonomously like humans.
- Artificial general intelligence (AGI): In this type of AI, the computer system is adaptive and capable of learning, perceiving, understanding, and functioning completely like a human being. They are also competent to build connections.
- Artificial superintelligence (ASI): Artificial superintelligence AI system will mark the zenith of technology. The under-developed AI type will be capable of emulating human intelligence in its system. In some cases, it can outshine human brains with its memory, data processing and analysis skills.
4. What are some popular programming languages used in AI?
Python, R, Lisp, Java, and Prolog are some of the programming languages used in artificial intelligence.
5. What are some of the popular AI domains?
The answer to this artificial intelligence interview question will include machine learning, neutral networks, robotics, expert systems, fuzzy logic systems, and natural language processing. These popular sub-sets or domains of artificial intelligence have gained prominence in the last decade.
6. What is some popular application run by the concept of artificial intelligence?
AI has proliferated in different industries. Today, from automobiles to technology, every industry has AI-powered applications. Here are some popular applications powered by AI:
- Self-driving cars
- Facial expression recognition
- Image tagging
7. What is the difference between strong and weak AI?
Strong artificial intelligence is created when human cognition skills are programmed into a computer system. It is a wider application with a vast scope. Meanwhile, weak AI is a narrow application that is good at specific tasks. If you want to learn about it in-depth, you can undertake an artificial intelligence certification course or a course in data science or data analytics.
8. What is the Turing test in AI?
The Turing test is one of the most popular intelligence tests in AI. Alan Turing discovered it in 1990. The test determines whether a machine can think like a human or not. Computer systems that can replicate human emotions in their responses during the tests are considered far superior to others.
9. What is the use of computer vision in artificial intelligence?
Computer vision is a process that enables AI systems to obtain, interpret, and train themselves to solve complex business problems through visual senses like images, etc.
10. What are some misconceptions about artificial intelligence?
- AI does not require humans. AI systems are dependent on humans for their fundamental functioning because without humans’ help; the computer systems would have no data.
- AI is dangerous for humans; it can harm them and cause disruption in their lives.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning will take up manual labour.
- Artificial intelligence is a novel concept that is recently introduced. However, the concept has been afloat in the market since 1840.
- AI has reached a peak stage. However, it is far from its peak.
How To Crack the Artificial Intelligence Interview?
Every year, millions of aspirants apply for a job in artificial intelligence. However, only a few of them get selected. Besides giving answers to artificial intelligence interview questions, it is important to take care of a few more things.
- Research: Before attending the interview, research the company’s background and job role
- Attire: Dress to impress while going for the interview. Besides the soft and hard skills, an aspirant’s attire also plays an important role during an interview.
- Preparedness: During an AI interview, recruiters can ask you technical questions to test your skills. So, brush up on the concepts. You can also refer to the above-mentioned AI interview questions to excel in the interview.
- Confidence: A personality trait that impresses employers the most is the confidence of a candidate. So, wear your confidence.
- Note of gratitude: After finishing the interview, send across a note of gratitude to the employers to make a lasting impression.
How To Prepare for AI Interview Questions and Answers?
Preparing for AI interview questions and answers involves various activities such as brushing up on different concepts and case studies related to artificial intelligence. If you think your knowledge doesn’t match the job description, then enrol yourself for a certification course in artificial intelligence, data science or data analytics that will equip you with deep insight into different concepts and processes of AI. Emeritus India provides short-term certificate courses for working professionals who want to upskill.
Exhilarating Career in Artificial intelligence
Career opportunities in Artificial intelligence are surging with each passing day. Due to the advent of technology, the demand for AI has substantially increased, creating a pool of opportunities. Abundant AI career opportunities are being presented in various forms. Here are some of the most revered job titles in AI:
- Big data engineer
- Business intelligence developer
- Data scientist
- Machine learning engineer
- Research scientist
- AI data analyst
- Product Manager
- AI engineers
Now that you know that taking up a certification course in artificial intelligence is the way to advance your career in artificial intelligence, sign up for Emeritus’s certification courses today!