Many job positions require a candidate to take various on-job training programmes. That’s why many business enterprises provide online training programmes to introduce a continuous learning mindset among employees. These training programmes help impart efficiency and productivity and keep the workforce updated with the latest technology and skill in their field.
Gamification in eLearning is the process that puts the fun back into learning. It does that by introducing a new breed of educational modules that integrates the elements and principles of games into education. This article will help you understand the meaning of gamification and delve deep into the future of gamification in learning.
What is Gamification?
Gamification uses gaming principles and elements to induce motivation and engagement in a non-game context. It is designed to increase a person’s engagement and enhance their experience towards a goal, course, or system. Moreover, it gives an employee or learner the perseverance and patience to complete a difficult task by making it more enjoyable.
What Is Gamification in Online Learning?
Game-based learning or gamification is becoming a common phenomenon in the education industry. It is an excellent example of the integration of digital technology in education.
Here are some of the benefits of gamification in Learning:
- Change in the environment: Gamification introduces a fun or reward system into the learning curriculum, creating a more relaxed atmosphere to study. In addition to that, it motivates the learners to discover new things, hone advanced skills, and gain a competitive advantage.
- Goals and milestones: Gamification demonstrate a student’s milestones and progress indicators that trace their journey. With its modern technology and user interface, learners can identify, monitor, and analyse their performance. They also track the slightest development.
- Proactive with fewer mistakes: Students are more proactive with gamification. The game-based design keeps the students on their toes, and competition reduces the room for error.
How Effective Is Gamification in eLearning?
Gamification is believed to be very effective in the education sector mainly because for the following reasons:
- Gamification increases social interaction between peers. It helps to break the ice and share each other’s learning methods, pursuing a healthy challenge.
- Gamification encourages continuous engagement by including fun-filled activities and games.
- It gives the learners control of their training programme, making them self-sufficient and happy with no deadline.
These reasons make sure that gamification is effective. That’s why more corporate companies are using gamification in their training programmes to make learning easier for employees.
What Is the Future of Gamification in Learning?
Gamification has proven to be an effective way to engage with the audience and make learning fun. Therefore, the future of gamification in eLearning looks brighter. Also, because of the advent of modern technology and its integration into everyday activities. Here’s what the future of gamification looks like:
A shift in the fundamental design of gamification
The game-like design of the online courses will motivate the learners for some time. However, in the longer run, critical online learning facilitators must develop methods to hold the learners onto the curriculum.
They will need to change the fundamental design to create an intrinsic motivational force in the candidate to learn with external factors. It will enhance the student’s performance.
Note: Many studies show that users are initially hooked to online courses because of external factors like badges, leaderboards, and rewards. However, with time they get bored and lose interest in learning. Therefore, experts suggest that businesses develop applications that understand the player and inculcate a system that shifts to intrinsic and long-term motivation.
Wider reach of gamification
The reach of gamification is going to widen in the coming decade. More so because of the advent of technology. Experts believe gamification will make inroads into the healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and financial services industries. They will be used for various things like employee training, onboarding, and developing soft skills.
Will be used in business for employee training methods
Many companies provide on-job training for various job positions. Gamification will play a vital role while designing employee training programmes. It will help companies develop a fun learning curriculum allowing employees to let loose.
Moreover, many companies will use gamification to develop fun-filled upskilling courses for their employees or create personalised job-oriented courses for graduates to prepare them to attain efficiency and productivity at the workplace.
Emeritus India is a pioneer in online education, and we equip working professionals and fresher with future-ready skills. So, if you are planning to upskill, enrol in our advanced learning programmes.
We have partnered with renowned Indian universities to provide certificate courses in digital marketing, sales, production and marketing, logistics, and finances.