Highest Paying Tech Jobs in India
Salary might not be the biggest motivator when choosing a career alternative, but it plays an important role when taking up a job. There are many prerequisites an individual considers before choosing a career path, and salary is one of them.
So if you are looking for high-paying tech jobs in India, you are focusing on one of the important elements when planning your career. As an aspiring individual, you must look for an opportunity that offers a competitive salary package.
What Are The Top High-Paying Tech Jobs In India?
Big Data Engineer
A Big Data Engineer is a trained professional who overlooks a company’s data. They are responsible for developing, maintaining, analysing, and evaluating a company’s data and turning raw data into meaningful insights.
Big Data Engineers are sometimes mistaken for Data Scientists. However, they perform different responsibilities across various organisations. Below, we have listed a Big Data Engineer’s role and responsibilities that set them apart.
What Does a Big Data Engineer Do?
- Design, implement, and monitor different software systems
- Develop systems to ensure smooth collection, interpretation, and usage of data
- Create a data architecture that meets the requirements of the business
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure smooth functioning of the data mining and other related processes
- Mining data from different sources and converting them into a structured form
How Much Does a Big Data Engineer Earn?
On average, a Big Data Engineer earns ₹6,00,000 annually in India. However, someone with advanced skills and a decade-long work experience can make up to ₹ 20,00,000 annually. These salary figures are relative and can change depending on the company, location, job profile, etc.
Pro-tip: Big Data Engineers are touted to be the trendiest job of the current times mainly because it uses the internet and its intermediaries excellently. Therefore, many aspiring graduates want to pursue a career in big data. Here are some things that can give you an edge over them.
- A master’s degree that concentrates on perfecting skills like programming languages, computational frameworks, mathematical analysis, and statistics.
- Being well-versed with concepts like data warehousing, data wrangling, etc.
- Having one or more certifications in big data or data science from a renowned university.
Data scientists are the most famous and in-demand career options of recent times, mainly because they are skilled and trained to use data strategically to enhance a company’s performance, among other things.
A data scientist tactfully uses data derived from various sources to track customer behaviour and solve complex business problems, among others. In addition to that, they determine patterns in the data collected to discover deep insights.
A data scientist performs the following role and responsibility in an organisation:
- Creates algorithms and data models to forecast outcomes that can affect the company
- Shares insights from data collected with different teams
- Uses machine learning techniques to improve the quality of data
- Uses programming languages and online tools like Python, R, SAS, and SQL for data analysis
What Is a Data Scientist’s Salary?
Data science is one of the highest-paying job in India. On average, a data scientist salary is around ₹ 6,00,000 per annum in India. With an experience of a decade in data science, you can make anything between ₹ 15,00,000 to ₹ 20,00,000 annually.
A software architect is an IT professional with excellent knowledge of software development. They collaborate with different departments to ensure smooth execution in the software development process, from designing to implementation.
Moreover, they make design choices and decisions regarding different aspects of software, such as technology, technical adaptability, and software. A software architect performs these functions in an organisation:
- Interact with clients to identify their requirements
- Assist a team of developers and designers in completing essential tasks related to software development
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the technical viability of the software is intact
- Work on processes like code reviewing, documentation, troubleshooting, and other related areas
As a software architect, you need skills that help ease the software development process. Skills like programming, data modelling, prototyping, analytic skills, and strong knowledge of the latest software trends.
How Much Does a Software Architect Earn In India?
On average, a software architect earns ₹ 10,00,000 annually. Meanwhile, software architects with more than five years of experience in the field can make ₹ 12,00,000 or more per annum. However, these figures are relative and depend on the company, work experience, skills, location, and job role.
Pro-tip: There are many advanced courses for IT professionals wanting to learn the basics of software development. You can take one of them to become eligible for this high-paying tech job.
Every tech giant needs a product manager to ensure their products add value to their target customers’ lives.
For instance, a food delivery app must work cohesively with the restaurant and delivery agent to ensure that the service is of optimum use and value to the user.
Similarly, a product manager connects the brand and its audience to offer products or services that match the former’s goals and serve the latter’s purpose.
Simply put, the product manager identifies and matches the target audience’s needs to the larger business objective.
Here are some of the roles and responsibilities a product manager performs in an organisation:
- Understanding and interpreting customer needs
- Communicating consumer needs and requirements with different departments
- Aligning stakeholders’ vision to that of the product offered
- Analysing the market and developing a competitive product
What is the Product Manager’s Salary?
A product manager, on average, earns ₹ 16,00,000 per annum. However, it can go up to ₹ 30,00,000 annually, depending on your work experience and skills.
Note: If you are planning to upskill to become eligible for a higher pay package, it is to take an online certification in product management. These courses are specifically designed for working professionals and have an elusive learning curriculum that allows you to balance work and studies.
So, if you want to pursue certification as a part of the appraisal, taking Emeritus India’s certification courses is the best way to accelerate your career. We have partnered with renowned Indian universities to offer some of the best-advanced courses across various fields.