What do game-changing products have in common? They are all crafted by product management professionals who understand customers and markets, make intelligent decisions, and focus on features that excite users. Taking the best online courses on product management is the perfect choice for someone who wants to succeed.
These courses teach you how to build, launch, and grow a successful product in this digital age. Furthermore, you will learn how to leverage analytics to empathize with customer pain points and create a compelling product that solves them. Read ahead to learn more about the learning curriculum of these best online courses on product management.
What Essential Topics are Covered in the Best Online Courses on Product Management?
The best online courses for product management cover a wide range of topics and activities. These topics are combined with interactive sessions, live case studies, industry expert sessions, and peer-to-peer learning and interaction so that learners can get the most out of the course. Below are the learning outcomes of taking the best online course for product management, followed by the topics covered in the curriculum.
- Identify and understand customer needs and demand
- Building an excellent and functional product roadmap
- Effectively taking products to the market
- Comprehensive understanding of the product lifecycle
- Leverage data insights to enhance product decisions
- Develop close-to-reality product prototypes
- Measure product performance and perform activities like competitor analysis
Meanwhile, here are some of the topics covered in the best online courses for product management.
1. Design Thinking
Design thinking is a human-centered approach to product design and development. It focuses on user needs, aspirations, preferences, and frustrations to create a product that solves user problems. Develop empathy (an important component of design thinking) by talking to customers and understanding their pain points and needs. In addition, one can also learn how to create buyer personas, product positioning, and messaging based on design thinking frameworks.
2. Product Roadmap
A product roadmap outlines a product’s vision, priorities, and progress over time. Simply put, it showcases the journey of a product from its ideation to its eventual exit from the market. Learn how to craft a roadmap that accurately reflects the product team’s priorities to internal stakeholders, external stakeholders, and potential customers.
3. Product Lifecycle Management
Product lifecycle management refers to managing a product and its associated data throughout all stages of the product lifecycle. Every product goes through a phase, and this topic covers different product lifecycle phases: introduction, growth, maturity, and decline.
4. New Product Development and Feature Engineering
Product development and engineering are two critical processes in product management. Discover modern practices used for outlining product benefits and developing a product vision. Furthermore, take a deep dive into the product management process and learn about different techniques and tools for understanding customer demand and creating a product.
5. Product Ideation and Strategy
It refers to effectively collecting, prioritizing, and implementing ideas to design a product that matches customers’ demands. Explore how to generate ideas for new products, identify customer pain points, and develop go-to strategies for product development and marketing. Furthermore, learn how to measure the success of the product management process.
How Does an Online Product Management Course Differ From an In-Person Course?
According to a World Economic Forum report, India has the second-biggest student presence on Coursera, an online learning platform, with 13.6 million online learners. As interest and participation in online learning grow, let’s look at how online learning differs from an in-person course.
- Online learning offers convenience and flexibility to learners, especially working professionals who want to upskill and advance in their careers. On the other hand, in-person product management courses provide structure to learners–the routine of attending the same class at the same time each week. Additionally, it reduces the distractions that can occur during online learning.
- Online learning is comparatively cost-effective. An online course saves learners’ commuting fees, relocation costs, and other campus-related expenses.
- According to a U.S. News report, employers consider online learners to be good with soft skills like time management and collaboration, which they believe are lacking in learners taking an in-person course. Therefore, completing an online course can open doors to limitless possibilities.
- Online courses use multiple channels to deliver content to learners. They use resources like video lectures, quizzes, and peer-to-peer interaction and feedback, to increase the effectiveness of the course.
Can an Online Product Management Course Help Update Your Skills?
Product management is a dynamic field, and to thrive in the industry, professionals need to evolve with time and concentrate on continuous learning. Enrolling in the best online course on product management is the best way to keep oneself updated. These courses help aspirants
discover cutting-edge product management approaches and techniques and use them to enhance their professional competency. These courses also focus on honing critical skills such as communication, stakeholder management, and leadership.
What are the Benefits of Taking an Online Product Management Course?
The best online courses on product management are all about improving the soft and hard skills needed to develop and launch successful products. These product management courses also equip learners with the latest tools, techniques, and concepts. The courses help learners in the following ways:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of customers, identify their needs, preferences, and pain points, and develop and prioritize product features accordingly.
- Learn how to build and communicate product visions and roadmaps with different stakeholders. Moreover, one can also learn to collaborate with cross-functional teams for product development, design, and engineering.
- Learn how to measure product successes and utilize performance indicators to guide the product management process and achieve product goals.
Why Product Management Courses are Popular in India?
Planning to build a career in product management? Enroll in product management courses hosted by Emeritus in collaboration with the world’s best universities. Here are some reasons contributing to the popularity of these courses in India.
- Individuals from different age groups, fields, and work experiences can enroll in Emeritus’ product management courses.
- Emeritus collaborates with renowned universities like the Indian Institute of Management, Indian School of Business, Indian Institute of Technology, and industry experts to design product management courses.
- Emeritus emphasizes a practical and hands-on learning approach. Learners engage in case studies, projects, and group exercises that stimulate real-world product management scenarios and prepare learners to succeed in real life.